Facial plastic surgery is booming, with no shortage of options for enhancing one’s appearance. Facial rejuvenation procedures like Botox and facelifting can be used to reduce the signs of aging. In contrast, rhinoplasty in Philadelphia or eyelid surgery procedures can correct minor flaws or enhance one’s natural features. Facial plastic surgery in Philadelphia is an evergreen subject as innovations take place regularly. Facial rejuvenation procedures are not just limited to cosmetic purposes – they can also be used in cases of scarring, severe acne, or severe facial injuries. The procedure should always be taken after assessing one’s face and consulting with a qualified doctor to avoid any complications.
Should You Get Facial Plastic Surgery?
Friends and family ask many people this question. Facial plastic surgery is a personal decision that should be made after thoroughly researching the pros and cons of a particular procedure. The decision to have plastic surgery should be made under the care of a qualified plastic surgeon, dermatologist, and mental health professional. Many people are perfectly happy with their appearance, but often there is a desire to improve specific areas of one’s face. Many cosmetic procedures can be performed to enhance the features of an individual’s face. There are many things to consider before considering facial plastic surgery.
While some procedures may improve someone’s appearance for a short period, others may require maintenance procedures in the future. Therefore, one must consider one’s lifestyle, health, and finances before deciding about facial plastic surgery.
Types of Facial Rejuvenation Procedures
- Botulinum toxin, also known as Botox, is a popular treatment used in facial plastic surgery. The toxin is injected into the muscles of the face to reduce wrinkles, improve the appearance of crow’s feet, and eliminate under-eye bags. Botox also may be used to treat acne and severe frown lines.
- Radiesse is a common treatment used in facial plastic surgery. Radiesse is a hyaluronic acid-based filler that attracts water, thereby plumping the skin. Radiesse can contour the cheeks, lift the lips, and smooth wrinkles on the forehead.
- Juvederm is a common facial surgery treatment used to reduce wrinkles, plump up the lips, and correct moderate to severe frown lines. It attracts water to the skin and creates a smooth, youthful appearance.
Why is Facial Plastic Surgery Needed?
There are many reasons why facial plastic surgery procedures are performed. Here are some of the most common reasons according to a facial plastic surgeon in Dallas:
- Correcting facial issues such as severe acne scars or deep wrinkles that do not respond to other treatments.
- Improving the appearance of one’s smile. A drooping lower lip can result from cleft lip or palate conditions.
- Enhancing one’s facial features, such as changing one’s natural facial structure.
- Creating a more aesthetic face for photoshoots, modeling, and other forms of entertainment.
Facial Rejuvenation with Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers are used in facial rejuvenation procedures to create volume in the cheeks, correct moderate to severe folds of the skin, or remove excess skin from the chin or forehead. Fillers delivered through a syringe can inject dermal fillers such as Restylane, Perlane, or Radiesse. Modern dermal fillers are non-invasive, enabling doctors to treat many face areas at once. Hydra-Facial is a facial treatment that uses a combination of traditional facial extractions with the use of ultrasonic waves to stimulate collagen production in the skin.
Facial Rejuvenation with Scar Reduction Techniques
One of the most popular facial rejuvenation procedures is facial peels or microdermabrasion. A facial peel is a chemical treatment that exfoliates the skin, removing the top layer. Facial peels are generally done once a week for two to three weeks to reduce fine lines, brighten skin tone, and remove excess oils, dead skin cells, and bacteria from the skin’s surface. Microdermabrasion treatments are similar to facial peels but use a more abrasive substance such as calcium hydroxyl apatite, magnesium hydroxide, or aluminum oxide. These treatments exfoliate and cleanse the skin.